Track & Field Championships
Saturday 14/Sunday 15 May 2016
This year's championships will take place at the Mountbatten Centre,
Portsmouth on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 May.
Entries are now closed.
Entries will now only be accepted in exceptional circumstances.
No entries will be accepted on any day of the Championships (except for the May Day Miles and 3000m).
What's new for 2016?
The entry fee for the first event entered has been increased to £10. The fees for the second and subsequent events remain unaltered at £4.
Over 90% entries are now made online and the additional fee for online entries has been scrapped, meaning that most entries will cost just 50p more than last year.
The Women's Steeplechase will be run over 1500m instead of 2000m, which we hope will appeal to younger athletes. This will once again be an open event and open to non-Hampshire qualified athletes.
The provisional track and field timetables are the same as for last year. As usual there will be some alterations to timings in the finalised timetables depending on the numbers of entries received, whether heats are required and how many heats are needed.
Athlete registration from 1 April 2016
At the start of April 2016, new UKA Rules for Competition will come into effect which include important changes regarding compulsory athlete registration in competitions held under UKA Rules (these rules apply in competitions for the Under 13 Age Group and above).
It is therefore important that competing athletes ensure they are up to date with payment of their club subscriptions and that, when due, their 'club subs' are renewed promptly so that their England Athletics athlete registration fee can be paid.
So far as the Track & Field Championships are concerned, the registrations of all athletes entering the Championships will be checked. It will be helpful if you can specify your England Athletics registration number on your entry form, but this is not essential - your entry will be checked anyway.
You will be informed if you aren't registered or your registration is out of date, in which case please ensure that you are correctly registered before the closing date (29 April).
All registrations will be checked again before the Championships. Any unregistered athletes at that stage risk being denied entry to the Championships or, if they do compete, their performances being declared invalid.
PLEASE NOTE: As it is not possible for an individual to register with England Athletics other than through an affiliated club, no unattached athletes can be accepted in the Championships. However, we can accept entries from unattached athletes studying at schools and colleges which are affiliated to Hampshire Schools' AA - please write the name of your school or college in the Club box instead.
|Senior Men||Senior Women|
|Under 20 Men||Under 20 Women|
|Under 17 Men||Under 17 Women|
|Under 15 Boys||Under 15 Girls|
|Under 13 Boys||Under 13 Girls|
Note: The finalised timetable will be published here one week before the
championship. It will also be sent to competitors by email if you have given
your email address on your entry form.
No copies of the timetable will be sent out by post.
You can also enter the Track & Field Championships online.
Here are the current Championship Best Performances.
Instructions on entry
- First check that you are qualified to compete in the Hampshire Championships:
- You must have been born in Hampshire, the Isle of Wight or the Channel Islands, or
- You must have been resident continuously or in H.M. Forces service
in these areas for at least nine months prior to the championships.
- You must not have competed for another county or in another county's championships during the preceding year.
- Please remember that when competing, club or approved representative vests must be worn. For health and safety reasons, headphones must not be worn in the arena.
- Download the entry form using one of the links above.
- Fill in your name, date of birth, club, address and telephone
number. Use the following table to check your age group:
Age Group Must be born between (inclusive) Male Female U13B U13G 1st September 2003 - 31st August 2005 U15B U15G 1st September 2001 - 31st August 2003 U17M U17W 1st September 1999 - 31st August 2001 U20M U20W 1st January 1997 - 31st August 1999 SM SW on or before 31st December 1996
NOTE: Athletes may only enter in one age group throughout the championships.
- Look at the appropriate timetable of events to find the event number for your age group. Please note that all times shown are provisional and are to help you plan entries. The actual times (but not the day) may be changed depending on entries received. For example, if fewer than eight entries are received for any track event, no heats will be required and the timetable may be adjusted accordingly.
- Select the events you wish to enter, and write the code number and name of each event and your best performances in the spaces provided on the form. Please note that under UKA Rules, Under 13, Under 15 and Under 17 athletes must not compete in more than three events on any one day. For Under 20 athletes the maximum is five. There is no limit for senior athletes.
- Entry fees:
One event: £10 Two events: £14 Three events: £18 Additional events: £4 each Make cheques payable to Hampshire Athletics
- Send your entry form and total entry fee to:
Flat 4 Hazeldene
2 York Road
to arrive no later than Friday 29 April.
I will be unavailable to answer any queries about the Championships on Saturday 30 April.
Joint Championship Secretaries